Cosmetic dentistry and how it can improve your smile
Many people visit their dentist twice a year for a routine examination, but are you aware of what other services they can provide, and how these can improve your smile.
There are many different cosmetic treatments that improve the appearance of your teeth and your smile. Below are a few different ways to achieve this.
A lot of people when surveyed feel that the appearance of their teeth could be improved, with the majority identifying discolouration as their main complaint. Home teeth whitening products have become readily available to purchase online/shops / beauticians, however these products may be completely ineffective or also contain in the incorrect ingredients or even still unsafe ingredients.
Dentists have access to the correct, safe products that will not damage the enamel of your teeth. They will also provide custom mouth trays which will allow the tooth whitening gel to have closer contact with the teeth, giving you the bright smile you desire. Bleaching is a safer alternative to veneers and crown. Studies show that a whiter smile increases your confidence!
With the modern-day advances of technologies, dentists are now able to straighten teeth without using brackets and wires. A system known as Invisalign, uses clear aligners which are manufactured to fit your teeth, here are some benefits:
- Aligners are designed to custom-fit your teeth and not interfere with your lifestyle.
- Aligners are virtually invisible, so hardly anyone will notice that you are straightening your teeth.
- The treatment allows you to maintain your dental hygiene and brush and floss as normal.
- The aligners can be removed for eating, drinking or special occasions.
- There is less chance of irritation on your mouth and gums since there are no brackets or wires on the aligners.
- From the start, you’ll know how long your treatment will take and what your teeth are expected to look like at the end of the process.
- The end result will be a brilliant, brand new smile.
Dental implants are essentially a replacement tooth or teeth. This the closest product to your natural tooth, they can be used to replace either one missing tooth or several missing teeth, retains dentures or small bridges, which mean you will no longer have to worry about smiling and trying to hide gaps in your teeth. Dental implants allow patients to enjoy the simple things that can be taken for granted when you lose teeth, for example, you can eat almost anything and have a natural-looking smile at the same time. It will improve confidence no end and restore function. In the majority of cases, they are the best way to replace a missing tooth or teeth.
This can also be known as composite bonding and can be used to treat unsightly stained fillings, and also fill in gaps between your teeth. The process uses composite resin which is matched to the colour of your teeth, meaning you won’t be able to see any difference giving you another winning smile. Benefits of Composite Bonding:
- Usually single visit treatment
- Minimal removal of enamel & dentine so non-invasive
- Can be done without the need for injections (depending on the clinical case)
- More affordable than crowns and veneers
- Can be easily repaired and added to
- In some instances, can be reversible and therefore removed
- Good long term result with only minimal maintenance needed
- Can still have crowns and veneers after if desired
If any of the above products are of interest then be sure to contact your Riverside Dental to explore your options.