Riverside Dental Terms & Conditions
Estimates for all Treatment
- Please note that all fees are estimates and not quotations. When treatment is carried out, particularly involving laboratories processes, it is not possible to be exact with fees. Furthermore, as treatment progresses, removal of existing restorations can reveal the need for additional treatment, which cannot be anticipated until treatment has commenced.
- The estimate given is based on no unforeseen pathology being found during your treatment. Please note any additional treatment would be charged separately and in addition to the estimated treatment. Any additional treatment will be explained to you should it arise and you will be given a new estimate of fees.
- We require all estimates to be signed and dated prior to commencement of treatment. We accept digital signatures.
- By signing the estimate, you agree to all the terms & conditions listed here.
- We accept cash or card (MasterCard or Visa) and payments are required as stated. We DO NOT under any circumstances accept AMEX or Corporate/Business/Fleet or similar non-personal cards. As our payment systems cannot distinguish between Visa/MasterCard personal and non-personal cards, if you happen to pay by a non-personal card we reserve the right to charge you the additional card processing fee 6 months after your payment was due.
- Due to the length of appointments, single-use equipment and complexity, deposit payments will be taken in order to book appointments. You will be advised of the amount needed.
- Deposits are fully refundable only if the required cancellation period is given
Appointment Cancellation Policy (For Smile Design/Long Appointments)
To ensure the smooth running of the practice and to make we are able to care for our patients in the most efficient manner possible, we operate the following policy in relation to changed or cancelled appointments:
- 24 hours’ notice must be given for appointments that are up to 2 hours in duration
- 48 hours’ notice must be given for appointments longer than 2 hours we are unable to change our standard text message alert that patients receive and therefore for longer appointments, these are to be ignored)
- For Monday appointments notice must be given before 3pm on the Friday before
- Changes and cancellations occurring with less than the notice times specified above will result in the full deposit amount being lost irrespective of the amount paid. Any monies held on your account can be used against this appointment, despite it possibly being held against another appointment
- If you fail to attend your appointment your deposit and monies paid will be lost irrespective of the amount paid. . Any monies held on your account can be used against this appointment, despite it possibly being held against another appointment
- For all short-notice cancellations where the required notice has not been given or where the patient has failed to attend, the full cost of the treatment due at that appointment will need to be paid prior to the patient rebooking
- If you short notice cancel or fail your appointment and we are unable to take a further deposit then we reserve the right to cancel any future appointments you have and are under no obligation to notify you
- If you fail 2 or more appointments of any length we reserve the right to remove you from our practice and you will not be seen
- Even if you are not seen in at the practice we have to keep your records on our system for period of time in line with NHS and GDPR regulations. Currently, we have to keep adult records on file for 11 years and for minors, until they turn 25.
Patients on Our Dental Plan
We have separate terms & conditions for patients who are on our plan. However, to be clear patients must be continually registered on the plan for the duration of treatment to be eligible for any discounts offered. If you cancel your plan before finishing treatment, any discount you may have saved will need to be paid in full prior to treatment re-commencing.
- In the UK the age of consent for children is 16 as long as they have the capacity to do so
- Children under 16 must be accompanied for their first appointment with either a parent, legal guardian. If this guardian has sought custody through the legal system, we will need proof prior to the first appointment.
- For subsequent appointments, the parent, legal guardian or an adult who has written consent may accompany the child. We will need a copy of the written consent prior to the appointment.
- If a member of the team advises that a parent or legal guardian needs to attend with the child for an appointment this takes precedent over 3 above
- Children are the responsibility of the accompanying adult and must be kept under control and supervised at all time.
Any of our terms & conditions may be altered, amended, removed or added and no notice period is necessary
General Points to Note
- Riverside is an exceptionally busy area most of the time but especially at peak times and school holidays. Please leave ample time to arrive and find parking. The whole appointment time is needed to ensure you get the best treatment. If you have an emergency please ring us immediately. If you are late, your appointment may need to be cancelled and your deposit will be lost.
- Please do not bring children, or anyone who relies on you to treatment appointments. They will not be allowed into the surgery with you and cannot be left in the waiting area unsupervised. The practice has state-of-the-art equipment and machinery and can be dangerous for unsupervised children. The cost of repairing damage to be property or contents will be passed on to the parent or legal guardian of the child/children that cause the damage.
- Family and friends are allowed to wait in the waiting area but not in the surgery.
- Please do not wear lipstick or denture glue to treatment appointments or please remove them in the patient toilet in good time. Both can be worn after the appointment.
- Riverside Dental Ltd will not be held responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen items left at the practice during your visit therefore please only bring what is necessary for the appointment.
- We do not tolerate any form of verbal or physical abuse. Any information given to you by a member of the team should be taken to come from the management and the owner of the business
May 2020: Coronavirus/Covid-19 Temporary terms & conditions
The following are subject to review as government and regulatory advice dictates and no notice is needed
- If a patient or anyone they live with or have knowingly come into contact with, have any symptoms of COVID 19 they are asked NOT TO ATTEND the practice
- Temperature checks will be taking place on arrival
- For any clarification on symptoms please see the government website. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- Please DO NOT lean against the new plastic screen at reception
- The practice will begin to see patients on a severely restricted basis both in terms of clinician and staff levels and also which patients are seen
- Patients will be seen in the order of clinical need with urgent care patients seen first
- No fire drills will take place during this COVID 19 period.
- Please use the hand sanitising gel around the practice and also follow the recommended government advice regarding hand washing.
- If you do not follow the guidance, are rude or are not COVID 19 compliant, you will be asked to leave the practice.
- Riverside Dental will ensure total compliance during this crisis. These rules are subject to change and review as government advice dictates.
- Deposits will be 50% of the total due at the next appointment for as long as the practice is working on a reduced capacity
- Deposits will be non-refundable until further notice. You are able to change, amend, delay and postpone appointments as you wish subject to giving us the required notice. This notice period is needed for us to try and fill the space created in our shortened diary
- There will be a temporary PPE charge levied against all appointments. This will be split into 2 levels depending on whether aerosol-generating procedures will be needed or not (AGP’s or Non-AGP’s). Further details of the charges can be found under the Treatment Price Guide on our website. The enhanced levels of PPE are in place by PHE and our regulatory bodies to keep you and our team safe and will be used for as long as necessary.
- For further detailed information please see our Back to Work Patient Policy