What are they?
A veneer is a thin layer of tooth-coloured material that is put onto the front of the tooth to make it look better. The tooth may be discoloured, damaged or a nicer smile may be sought.
What will my dentist do?
Some veneers are built up on the tooth directly using white filling material, while you are with your dentist. Others are made of porcelain by a dental technician, from an impression of the tooth. You will have to visit the dentist more than once for this type of veneer
- Your dentist will check any fillings in the teeth first
- Very little tooth preparation is needed. Just enough to prevent the veneer making the tooth feel bulky. Therefore it may be necessary to numb the tooth.
- For veneers made in surgery, the surface of the tooth is roughened first. Then a white filling is applied in layers until the teeth look right.
- For a veneer made by a dental technician, the dentist will take an impression first. This shows how the teeth bite together as well as telling the technician the shape and size of the veneer that is needed
- Your dentist will glue the veneer made by a technician to the tooth when you next visit.
If the tooth is strong, a veneer is often a better option than a crown for improving a tooth’s appearance
What are the benefits?
- Whiter, straighter smile
- close gaps
- Hide imperfections
- Smile enhancements
- More conservative than Crowns
Our location - Norwich Dentist
The practice is in a fantastic location in NR1 and benefits from free parking next door and is conveniently situated along Riverside Walk in between Norwich Station and Norwich City Football Club adjacent to the River Wensum. There are numerous buses that serve the practice with a major bus stop in Riverside Retail Park. For our less-abled patients, there is free parking right outside our front door.
"I brought myself to Dr Sawhney after a bad experience elsewhere involving the removal of a conspicuous tooth resulting in practical concerns and a loss of confidence. I was reassured by the quality of care and advice I received and was able to decide upon a dental implant with full knowledge of the costs and process, including the timescale of six months. I reminded myself of the Chinese proverb 'The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago; the second best time is now' so had no hesitation. That treatment was almost a year ago and I have enjoyed the benefits ever since; especially in the protection of adjacent teeth and the absence of self-consciousness whenever there was a cause to smile."
“Dr. Sawhney has been excellent at recommending the correct treatments and ensuring I have had the best service possible. I would recommend Riverside Dental to everyone, especially nervous patients, as the staff could not make you feel more relaxed. I am now more confident in my appearance, which makes a hugh difference!”
“Amazing dental practice who I have already highly recommended to all of my family and friends. Not only are all of the staff so helpful and friendly, but they have transformed my smile. I also recommend the Invisalign treatment as well as having bonding work, as Bim did an outstanding job! Thanks again.”