Dental Crowns in Norwich - Riverside Dental
What are they?
A crown completely covers a weak tooth above the gum line and protects it. Crowns can be made of metal, porcelain, or a combination of both.
What will my dentist do?
- Your dentist will usually give you a local anaesthetic to numb the area.
- They will reduce the tooth slightly in all dimensions so that the final crown will be the same size as a normal tooth.
- Preparation time will depend on how damaged the tooth is and whether it needs to be built up with a filling first.
- Your dentist will use a soft, mouldable material to make an exact impression of the tooth that is to be crowned and the nearby teeth. A dental technician uses an impression to make the crown the exact height and size needed.
- A temporary crown made of plastic is put over the tooth until the crown is made. You can chew on a temporary crown but it won’t be as strong as the finished one.
- When the crown is fitted, your dentist will make small adjustments to make sure you can bite comfortably. The crown is tried on first, then glued into place.
“NM did not like the unsightly space in her upper teeth as it prevented her from smiling properly as she was conscious of it. The tooth had broken and left the root just above the gum level. She wanted the treatment option that was the quickest and opted for a custom-made post core & crown. It took 2 weeks to make and she was over the moon with the result”
Our location - Norwich Dentist
The practice is in a fantastic location in NR1 and benefits from free parking next door and is conveniently situated along Riverside Walk in between Norwich Station and Norwich City Football Club adjacent to the River Wensum. There are numerous buses that serve the practice with a major bus stop in Riverside Retail Park. For our less-abled patients, there is free parking right outside our front door.
"I brought myself to Dr Sawhney after a bad experience elsewhere involving the removal of a conspicuous tooth resulting in practical concerns and a loss of confidence. I was reassured by the quality of care and advice I received and was able to decide upon a dental implant with full knowledge of the costs and process, including the timescale of six months."
“Dr. Sawhney has been excellent at recommending the correct treatments and ensuring I have had the best service possible. I would recommend Riverside Dental to everyone, especially nervous patients, as the staff could not make you feel more relaxed. I am now more confident in my appearance, which makes a hugh difference!”
“Amazing dental practice who I have already highly recommended to all of my family and friends. Not only are all of the staff so helpful and friendly, but they have transformed my smile. I also recommend the Invisalign treatment as well as having bonding work, as Bim did an outstanding job! Thanks again.”