Here at Riverside Dental, we aim to raise the standards of care that we provide to all our patients. However if you find that you are unhappy with the level of service received then we would like to hear about your concerns as soon as possible to ensure the problem is rectified and so that it does not happen again.
We take all complaints seriously and our aim is to resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible. All complaints are treated in the strictest of confidence.
In the first instance we ask that you kindly direct your complaints in writing to Gemma, our Practice Manager:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or;
Post: 12 Broadland Court, Wherry Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1UN
If Gemma cannot deal with your complaint then she will pass it on to our practice principal, Dr Sawhney who will investigate further.
In the unlikely event that you are still unhappy with the outcome of your complaint then you can escalate it to The Dental Complaints Service for all private dental treatment:
The Dental Complaints Service
The Lansdowne Building
2 Lansdowne Road
08456 120 540
In this practice we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives. The complaint must be made by the patient themselves if 18yrs or over, alternatively they can be represented with written consent.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is our Practice Manager Gemma and the practice principal, Dr Bim Sawhney
- If the patient complains by telephone, we will request the complaint be in writing by letter or email. It will be passed on immediately to the Gemma or Dr Sawhney.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist if Gemma cannot resolve the matter, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice & procedure as soon as possible, normally within one week.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint within 10 working days of receipt and aim to give an explanation of the circumstances, which led to the complaint. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 10 working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
- All patients are given options of treatment, and costs are discussed prior to treatment. if you are not clear or satisfied with the explanation or information you are given, it is important that you make us aware before you embark on treatment. Refunds cannot be given on most treatments. A second consultation can be arranged to help you. You may request a copy of your dental records; there is a charge for this currently at £50.
- If you are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
The Dental Complaints Service, The Lansdowne Building, 2 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, Greater London CR9 2ER (Telephone: 08456 120 540/ 0208 253 0808)
Our location - Norwich Dentist
The practice is in a fantastic location in NR1 and benefits from free parking next door and is conveniently situated along Riverside Walk in between Norwich Station and Norwich City Football Club adjacent to the River Wensum. There are numerous buses that serve the practice with a major bus stop in Riverside Retail Park. For our less-abled patients, there is free parking right outside our front door.
"I brought myself to Dr Sawhney after a bad experience elsewhere involving the removal of a conspicuous tooth resulting in practical concerns and a loss of confidence. I was reassured by the quality of care and advice I received and was able to decide upon a dental implant with full knowledge of the costs and process, including the timescale of six months. I reminded myself of the Chinese proverb 'The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago; the second best time is now' so had no hesitation. That treatment was almost a year ago and I have enjoyed the benefits ever since; especially in the protection of adjacent teeth and the absence of self-consciousness whenever there was a cause to smile."
“Dr. Sawhney has been excellent at recommending the correct treatments and ensuring I have had the best service possible. I would recommend Riverside Dental to everyone, especially nervous patients, as the staff could not make you feel more relaxed. I am now more confident in my appearance, which makes a hugh difference!”
“Amazing dental practice who I have already highly recommended to all of my family and friends. Not only are all of the staff so helpful and friendly, but they have transformed my smile. I also recommend the Invisalign treatment as well as having bonding work, as Bim did an outstanding job! Thanks again.”